To All Health Seekers and Raw Food Enthusiasts!
Come and join fellow raw foodists from Montreal and its surrounding area to share some delectable raw, vegan dishes and discuss health related topics. Eating healthy does not mean that you have to be lonely. Participating at these potlucks will help you to
- Get and stay inspired in your health journey
- Learn new tricks and some exciting new recipes
- Meet like-minded people and make some new friends
There is a $5.00 charge to attend these potlucks which is payable upon entrance.
We meet every month on the first Saturday of the month (accept in January, since the firts Saturday is always right after the New Year's Eve celebrations ;))
Each participant is expected to bring a raw, vegan dish of 8-10 adult portions to share. Please indicate all ingredients of your dish on an index card to help those with allergies and food sensitivities.
To confirm your attendance visit our meetup site here: Montreal Raw Vegan Potluck Group
Foods to bring:
- Fresh, raw fruits and vegetables, legumes
- Fresh sprouts
- Raw nuts and seeds (preferably soaked)
- Grains raw and sprouted
- Dehydrated food below 115 degrees Fahrenheit is acceptable
Foods to exclude:
- NO fish, poultry, eggs, dairy products ( even if they are raw)
- NO processed or canned foods
- NO refined sugars and sweeteners (artificial sweeteners)
- NO honey
- NO cooking at all (nothing steamed, baked, fried, canned, boxed, etc)
- NO tofu or soy-derived products (cooked and highly processed)
If this is your first potluck and you have no idea what to bring we have a few suggestions for you:
- Do a search online, there are literally hundreds of free recipes that can be downloaded and that are easy to prepare
- Try one of the recipes available on our meetup site (go to the menu: Others and then to the submenu FILES)
- Try the 7-day free menu planner at: http://www.rawinmontreal.com which has easy and delicious recipes
If you know you will not have a chance to prepare any food and don’t have the time to shop for ingredients, simply drop us a line or give us a call at least 2 days prior the potluck date and for an extra charge of $10.00 we will take care of your contributions for the evening.
General guidelines for the potluck gathering
Please, do not use or wear any strong colons and cosmetics in order to make this event an enjoyable one for everyone. (there could be some people allergic to the strong smells of those products.
Please, be conservative with your portions when you serve yourself from the meals so that everyone can try a good variety of food (there's usually plenty of food for seconds!)
Each person is responsible to wash their own plates and utensils, and your serving dish; this will help us with the smooth operation of our potlucks.
We are really looking forward to meeting YOU in person!
Click on the remote to view a great report that was featured on CTV on the "Sunday Bite" of our monthly potluck gathering. (Click on "Some like it Raw")